Getting Started Back to top
This is the Zoomify theme instruction page. We have tried our best to keep it as simple as possible. We encourage you to first read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties before contacting our support team.
If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this document, feel free to ask us via our dedicated help center.
Customizer Back to top
Accessing the Customizer
Zoomify is customizable via the WordPress customizer. Here, you can change the theme’s options and add widgets to your sidebar. To access the theme customizer, click Appearance → Customize in the WordPress admin menu.
- Enable Header – Enable or Disable Header.
- Blog Title & Tagline – Set your Blog title and the tagline.
- Text color – Governs the color of Title & Tagline in the header.
- Background color – Allows you to change the header background color independent of the body background color.
- Background image – Allows you to set a background image, including Zoom-out Effect.
- Auto Excerpts – Enable or Disable Auto Excerpts.
- Excerpt length – Change the Excerpt length
- Read More – Change the Read More Button Text
- Link color – Governs the color of links.
- Text color – Governs the general text color.
- Heading color – Governs the color of headings (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6).
- Content Width – The area with the content.
Main Menu Back to top
- WordPress menus can be found under Appearance → Menus.
- If you don’t have a menu already, click create a new menu to create one.
- On the left hand side of the Menu page, select the pages to add to your menu and click Add to Menu. Drag the pages around and arrange them any way you’d like. Create a drop menu by dragging menu items under and to the right of another menu item.
- Now that you have the menu created, you need to assign it to the header in the Theme Locations section.
- Save the menu when finished.
Social Icon Menu
Zoomify allows you display links to your social media profiles, like Twitter and Facebook, with icons.
- Create a new Custom Menu, and assign it to the Social Links Menu location.
- Add links to each of your social services using the Links panel.
- Icons for your social links will automatically appear if it’s available.
- Available icons: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Dribbble, Github, Flickr, Codepen, Behance, Dropbox, Pinterest, Reddit, Soundcloud, Spotify, WordPress, and Email..
- Save the menu when finished.
Widgets Back to top
Under Appearance → Widgets you can find all widget options like the widget areas for your three-column footer widgets.
Page Templates (Archive + Full Width) Back to top
With the Archive Page option it’s very easy to create an Archive page for your blog. Just choose the template for an empty new page (see Page Attributes → Template) and the page will show a list of popular tags, your 30 recent posts and a monthly archive.
For create pages with a full width content area of 100 percent instead of the default 768px, you can choose the Page Template Full Width Page under Page Attributes → Template.
Author Info Box Back to top
If you want to show an author description text at the bottom of each post you only need to fill out the Biographical Info in the WordPress user profile. You can also insert links or other standard HTML.
Supported Plugins Back to top
Zoomify is ready to be used with the following WordPress plugins:
- Contact Form 7 for forms
- Jetpack for Social Comments, Twitter Widget, Blog Subscribe Widget or the Jetpack Carousel Gallery
- WP-PageNavi for a numbered Page navigation (please deactivate the plugins CSS styles in the settings)
- Custom Favicon to include a Favicon and Apple Touch Icon image to your website